Nightime on my street

Nytmair

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.km3k.com
It was 4:00am and i didn't feel like sleeping so I was playing with my camera.... this is the first real nighttime long shutter shot i've taken with it....

I think it turned out so-so.

snowstreetlights.jpg

Tear it apart!!!! :)

Oh yeah, is there any way to make it so the lights aren't so overpowering?

another awesome image! i dont mind the lights as they are, as ps'ing them won't be too easy. excellent composition and contrast :salute:

Love it! The only thing that could possably improve it could be a car or person moving through the shot..... then again, I quite like the spooky emptyness of the scene

1. Is it snowing already? :)
2. Lovely contrast.
3. IMO, the top third portion is a dead space.
4. What was the shutter s?

The light issue is a common one with long exposures.. oftin I get star effect lights in long exposures... I would imagine there might be a filter to stop that kind of thing that would be significantly easier than editing the lights in PS.

danalec99 said:
1. Is it snowing already? :)
2. Lovely contrast.
3. IMO, the top third portion is a dead space.
4. What was the shutter s?

1. well it did for that day... we are supposed to get a lot tonight, but none so far... hopefully it comes!
2. thanks :)
3. I actually like the top alot because of the branches and how they look... that's why I cropped it vertically.
4. 8 sec i believe it was.

oh.. lol and I always thought that this kind of small, empty streets apper only in the movies :)

Looks to me like the exposure is right on for a night picture . I like the texture in the snow, contrast, shadows and the feeling of peacefullness on a quiet street. Very appealing photo

I agree w/ you on the effect the light gave to the branches. Just something about it, great job.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back