Reaction score
Website
www.symplimages.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Please enjoy.
IMG_6262.jpg

Last edited:
very nicely done, perfect exposure creating good separation from the background that has some texture and nice light shaping of the lighthouse too.

stunning. I love the exposure here, just perfect.

Fox Paw and rubbertree, thankyou for sharing your thoughts, much appreciated.

A few have mentioned the exposure here now, so I thought perhaps some of the newer photogs might appreciate the how...
Rather than trying to nail this exposure in-camera, all you have to do is get it close. So, I metered -2/3 of a stop off the brightest part of the scene, that being the actual light. This allows that nothing is over-exposed, which is a common failing of many night shots that we see.
Then in post, simply 'lasso' each area seperately and adjust lighting and contrast as desired, and the final steps are to use 'unsharp mask' and 'noise reduction' if necessary.
For me, the big secret to shooting at night is do not try to nail the exposure, but instead, meter off the brightest part of the scene -1/3 or -2/3 compensation, and use pp to adjust the lighting as needed. Its a lot easier to bring the light up a little, than it is to bring it down or correct over-exposure.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try them out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back