Nighttime portrait (almost no additional light)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
While I had set up for my New Year's Eve and New Years photos in Hamburg Port (http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/general-gallery/153371-hamburg-new-years-eve-early-new-year.html ) , I once turned all around to where husband and daughter were, right behind me, and asked Sabine if she thought she could stay all still and unmoving for 30 seconds?

She said she couldn't, and she couldn't ... less even, when during the last 10 seconds of exposure a fire cracker exploded RIGHT behind her...

3206004553_d7b25143de_o.jpg

Plus it was freezingly cold that night (not as cold as in Canada or the northern States of America, but yes, quite cold for us here!)

And another fun photo I took on our way back home from the spectacle, turned around in the passenger's seat as much as I could, trying to get a pic of Sabine's face ONLY and EXCLUSIVELY lit by the display of her mobile phone (not a single light shining in from outside, as we were on the motorway between towns, and yes, the car was on the move, DH driving), and for it having been just a fun shot in next to no light, I like the outcome :D

3206010679_3aa115f594_o.jpg

But - like this forum says - they are just for fun!

I've been looking at the second photo on & off for a couple of days trying to decide if I like it. At first it seemed kind of ghostly. But after using the image to imagine my own loved one's face in the photo I decided I like it very much. This is the kind of photo that I would like to have in the family album. One to strike conversation in the years to come and one to remember the moment.

Most reactions

Back