Nik collection

Lingen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Dear All,
I'm new here. Cannot find a forum with the right title, so opted for this one...

I have tried several times to download the NIK collection. The computer confirms every time that installation is complete. But nothing opens (it just re-downloads), and I cannot access it via Lightroom ('edit in' and 'export' cannot see it.) Any ideas? Thanks.

Many thanks. Will try this.

I am not much further forward. I have tired to follow the instructions you gave me. Now Photo > edit in > 'edit in Nik collection' appears. But when I click on 'edit in Nik collection..." it just tells me to close Lightroom while it loads (for about the seventh time) the Nik Collection from scratch. Just going round in circles.

Have now tried the Nik help forum. It won't ket me in because my e mail is not gmail! Invites me to go ahead with my hotmail address, I have to type the random letters they show, but each time I do so, I just get more letters. Have watched the NIK video on how to download - yes, I've done that, at least twelve times but NIK still does not appear under 'downloads', and if I try to access it via Lightroom, it simply starts the download cycle - AGAIN. I may have to stop today, having NOW sent six hours on this; PLEASE someone, HELP!

PS Have deleted all NIK from the computer and started again - no change - Lightroom invites me to edit a picture, and when I try, it re-initiates the download.

Last edited:
Very interesting. The only suggestion that I can offer is to go on youtube and search for Nik installation and watch videos there. You may get lucky and find something that helps or maybe you can contact one of the persons doing the videos for help.

Are you installing it with an administrator account?

What is an administrator account? I'm just a private individual...

Still having trouble getting through to NIK via Lightroom (or at all).
NIK is apparently installed.
This is what happens:
In LR, I choose a picture to work on.
> edit in
> Nik collection (it does offer me that)
> What to edit ( > I select > edit)
> Do you want to run this file? (> Yes)
> Please wait while setup is loading
> Do you want the following program to make changes... (> Yes)
> Please close the following applications - LR! ....
In other words, every time I try to open NIK through LR, the downloading of NIK re-initiates,and I am never actually able to open the program.

HELP!

Thanks.

As one of you has suggsted, I have looked at NIK download tutorials, and have tried to contact the presenters. But google will not let me do so. Not sure why. The above problem persists, though I have looked at several tutorials a d cannot see what I am doing wrong.

Very interesting. The only suggestion that I can offer is to go on youtube and search for Nik installation and watch videos there. You may get lucky and find something that helps or maybe you can contact one of the persons doing the videos for help.

Please see my subsequent posts. I've tried to follow your suggestion, have watched some installation tutorials, but cannot see that I have done anything wrong. Google will not let me post a reply / question. This has taken about two full days of my life so far...

• What version of Lightroom are you using?
  • Are you on PC or Mac? What version of the OS? (Win 10, macOS etc)
  • Are you DELETING or UNINSTALLING the Nik Collection? You need to UNINSTALL not delete.
  • If you are on a Mac you can go to Applications> Nik Collection and double click on Analog Effects (and maybe others), open an image and edit it. This is probably the same on a PC but you will need to go to Program Files and not Applications.
  • If you can run Analog Effects standalone from the Applications or Program Files folder, then there is most likely something wrong on the Lightroom side.

lo0k under google folder.i had same thing .al

• Are you DELETING or UNINSTALLING the Nik Collection? You need to UNINSTALL not delete.
  • If you are on a Mac you can go to Applications> Nik Collection and double click on Analog Effects (and maybe others), open an image and edit it. This is probably the same on a PC but you will need to go to Program Files and not Applications.
  • If you can run Analog Effects standalone from the Applications or Program Files folder, then there is most likely something wrong on the Lightroom side.
Lightroom 5
PC Win 7
Not sure how to uninstall rather than delete...
Have spent anothr half day trying to make it work - no success....

• If you can run Analog Effects standalone from the Applications or Program Files folder, then there is most likely something wrong on the Lightroom
Lightroom 5
PC Win 7
Not sure how to uninstall rather than delete...
Have spent anothr half day trying to make it work - no success....

To delete, go to your Control Panel > Programs and Features and then look for Nik or Google Nik, select it and then select remove or delete.

When it is installed, can you run Analog Effects from the Nik folder in Program Files?

You might want to try to install one of the Topaz plugins to see if they work. If they don't, then there is something wrong with your Lightroom installation.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back