NIK software?

pbelarge

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Good Morning - at least morning to the Northeast USA :mrgreen:

Has or does anyone use any of the NIK products, such as Viveza2?

I was on their website, and the plugins for PS, LR2 and PSE seem to be pretty good and possibly a lot easier to use than the above products.

A link to the site - Precise Selective Photo Editing

P.S.
I am learning how to use LR2.6 and PSE8
It would seem that with these plug-ins, I could almost forego the need for PS??

Love all of Nik :)
Often i have to work on specific part of the image, rather then adding a filter in PS and then masking it out at various opacities, viveza helps to do that in less time. Viveza2 just adds more options to original one :)

When working with Viveza2 in LR2, is the work nondestructive like LR2 changes to the photo?

As far as I know, it is nondestructive, not sure.
Also keep in mind that when you open external editors in LR, you have an option to open it as a new file :)

Use their software all the time, you may also want to check out ONONE products and Topazlabs.

they are magic!

I have OnOne Phototools 2 and really like it. It has many nice presets. I haven't used many of Niks stuff.

OnOne has great customer service too. I recently upgraded to Windows 7 and was having issues with my Phototools 1. After a few attempts on the phone with them troubleshooting, they decided to just give me a free download of the professional version 2, which is normally $250. I got my original version 1 copy free with my purchase of CS4, so I made out pretty good.

I actually got rid of OnOne b/c it was freezing my PS giving me an error message. However, it was fun when it did work.

Viveza uses Nik Software's own proprietary Control Point technology, which is also called U-Point Technology, depending on which software application it is found in. Viveza's Control Point technology was first found in Nikon Capture software, and was then later made available as a plug-in for photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Aperture, and Lightroom. Viveza is quite simply an **amazing** way to edit images, especially for people who are not Photoshop wizards. I think the plug-in Viveza for Photoshop is easier to use than the integrated version found in Nikon Capture, and the price is very similar.

I actually got rid of OnOne b/c it was freezing my PS giving me an error message. However, it was fun when it did work.

Mine still says "Not Responding" on the loading bar when I first start it, but if you wait a second without clicking anything it still loads. I assume its just a glitch. My vid card is ATI and supposedly they have some buggy issues with ATI cards.

I love the OnOne for the portrait stuff and the quick highlight recovery presets mainly. Easy to get that glamour glow with a few mouse clicks.

Viveza uses Nik Software's own proprietary Control Point technology, which is also called U-Point Technology, depending on which software application it is found in. Viveza's Control Point technology was first found in Nikon Capture software, and was then later made available as a plug-in for photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Aperture, and Lightroom. Viveza is quite simply an **amazing** way to edit images, especially for people who are not Photoshop wizards. I think the plug-in Viveza for Photoshop is easier to use than the integrated version found in Nikon Capture, and the price is very similar.

I use Viveza. It is great for speed and fine tuning exposure, colour and contrast in irregular shaped areas that cannot be quickly and easily selected in Photoshop alone.

skieur

Most reactions

Back