Nikki and Greg Wedding

GotaLuvThosPens

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Nikki and Greg got married a couple weeks ago. Here are a few of my favorites from the day...

45265_526054232452_151100268_31067852_2978479_n.jpg

44550_526054247422_151100268_31067853_4784753_n.jpg

45613_526054277362_151100268_31067858_7332983_n.jpg

40804_526054262392_151100268_31067856_6068713_n.jpg

1- Processing looks odd. Did you try and make it look old fashionned? It seems out of focus and she actually appears to be photoshopped in.
2- nice detail shot
3- I really question his hand over her ear like that. The position of the fingers make it look like he is going to tear her ear off
4- nice detail shot. I like the spoon idea.

1- Processing looks odd. Did you try and make it look old fashionned? It seems out of focus and she actually appears to be photoshopped in.
2- nice detail shot
3- I really question his hand over her ear like that. The position of the fingers make it look like he is going to tear her ear off
4- nice detail shot. I like the spoon idea.

I think it's the shadow that's making her look odd in the first picture. Yes I did put an effect on it.
as for 3... I didn't pose this shot so I didn't pick how his hand was. He was pushing some hair behind her ear after he thought I was done shooting.

Also I do agree with above that the last shot needs a bit of an exposure bump. I'll see what I can do with PP for that.

Photo #1 makes me recoil....it looks like a really cheap, badly-corrected 18-55mm kit lens, filled with chromatic aberration was used to shoot the photo...I saw another wedding you posted today, where a bride and groom are kissing...the first photo in that post also has the same absolutely awful CA look to it...it looks like the first USA version (the non-USM, non-IS piece of junk that Canon could not pawn off in Asian markets, where buyers of the original Rebel got a USM version!) of the 18-55 Canon kit zoom that came out with the original Digital Rebels...one of the worst modern zoom lenses ever unleashed on the public...I recently gave mine away...

Photo #1 makes me recoil....it looks like a really cheap, badly-corrected 18-55mm kit lens, filled with chromatic aberration was used to shoot the photo...I saw another wedding you posted today, where a bride and groom are kissing...the first photo in that post also has the same absolutely awful CA look to it...it looks like the first USA version (the non-USM, non-IS piece of junk that Canon could not pawn off in Asian markets, where buyers of the original Rebel got a USM version!) of the 18-55 Canon kit zoom that came out with the original Digital Rebels...one of the worst modern zoom lenses ever unleashed on the public...I recently gave mine away...

While I struggled a bit to shrug off your use of such negative words.... I do agree that I'm in need of an upgrade. For now I work with what I have... Which is actually Nikon not Canon. But regardless.... I should explain that I am a low cost wedding photographer. It's mostly just a hobby but I wanted to give people the option of having some creative wedding photography even if they are on a tight budget. (It has lead to some VERY interesting weddings I might add!) So since I'm not charging much at all I try to keep my overhead down. It makes it hard to justify an upgrade. But eventually...

In my mind, when it comes to a one time event, there is nothing to justify not upgrading. There are lens rentals and body if you can't purchase. To me, it comes down to quality of product. If i charge less, it is because I have less experience, not because my quality is inferior, ya know?

While I grow in experience, in style and in artistic skill, I'll up my price. I'm also a low cost wedding photographer, don't charge all that much compared to market, but I take pride in giving a quality product. Which means purchase, rent or borrow stuff if I need to.

In my mind, when it comes to a one time event, there is nothing to justify not upgrading. There are lens rentals and body if you can't purchase. To me, it comes down to quality of product. If i charge less, it is because I have less experience, not because my quality is inferior, ya know?

While I grow in experience, in style and in artistic skill, I'll up my price. I'm also a low cost wedding photographer, don't charge all that much compared to market, but I take pride in giving a quality product. Which means purchase, rent or borrow stuff if I need to.

To each his own though... I personally would rather hire a photographer with a good artistic eye and a high level of professionalism than one with top of the line gear. All of my clients have been extremely pleased with my work. That's what matters most to me.

Top of the line gear doesnt mean a good, sharp image. Personally, if you have a great eye but are unable to produce a quality image, that is decently sharp and ok composed, I wouldnt hire you, no matter how artistic and interesting your eye could be.

Professional? I totally agree on that. I would never hire someone who is does not work in a professional way.

It all depends on what clients want and if you are able to makes your happy and deliver on what you are hired for, props to you. :)

Most reactions

Back