nikki @ the beach

bitteraspects

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
4470526711_04db0a9914_o.jpg

Does this image have anything to do with the new policy?

I think she is too square to the camera. The harsh shadow across her chest is unflattering.

The flat-to-the-camera hand position is not flattering.

Centered comp...... meh

Be mindful of the background and its DoF. She has boulders growing out of each shoulder, which are competing with the subject. Too much info on the same level.

im pretty sure this is SFW as shes wearing a dress. hahahah.

the comp was post crop. the original was too wide for my liking.i tried to turn her body away from the camera (towards the light) but i see what you mean about it being a little square.
we were working in mid day tropical sunshine (right overhead), and the flash comp didnt fill the shadows as well as i would have liked.

thanks

for using a disposable.....:lmao: ....Mike

The model's okay I suppose. But in the last picture, I can't help but stare at the mountain sticking out of the side of her head. Also, I think it throws off the picture's balance. But that's just me.

The model's okay I suppose. But in the last picture, I can't help but stare at the mountain sticking out of the side of her head. Also, I think it throws off the picture's balance. But that's just me.

I'd have to agree...

Number one the foot is really bugging me the way its extended. Her feet dont seem to match the upper portion of her body. Just my opinion. Second one is nice for me but yes the mountain distracts from her face.

the 2nd one is fine, but what you could really use is a giant silk or scrim to shade her so your strobes are doing the grunt work and you don't have those hard shadows over her body.

At least that's how the big shooters do it.

Yeah, but I'm not a 'big shooter'. Lol.
This was initially going to be all 'in location' with only availible light, but I ended up trying my hand at OCF as well. most of the others w/ OCF were done in a shaded area, but they're NSFW so apparently I can't post them here.

This was my first foray into the world of OCF, and no modifiers were used. Just a single bare flash.

Thanks for the input guys.

basically for good light you got to get up early - very early. Unless you have a VERY powerful studio light and you can overpower the sun.

Most reactions

Back