Nikkor 10-20 mm f/4.5-5.6G VR or Tokina 11-16 MM f 2.8

In reference to the post: Tokina lens or the Nikon (Nikkor) one?

• Nikkor

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Tokina

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
I actually just bought the Nikon, and I am really happy with it!
It is so small and light, I am surprised how well it handles. It also has VR, so despite higher aperature then sigma, you can use it at slower speed.
Only negative is maybe that there is no switch to turn off the VR. Altough i am reading that even with 30sec exposures and the vr on, it should be sharp (on a tripod ofcourse). I just got it, so still need to test it in the real world.

Have you made any decision yet?
Congrats, mate! :)

Yes, I actually bought it :) I'm happy with it too thought I've yet to test it extensively. Daylight in Norway is now limited to the working hours of the day (when I'm at work :(:() , so now I only get to shoot photos in the weekends.

I think I can turn of VR in the menu though :)

I actually just bought the Nikon, and I am really happy with it!
It is so small and light, I am surprised how well it handles. It also has VR, so despite higher aperature then sigma, you can use it at slower speed.
Only negative is maybe that there is no switch to turn off the VR. Altough i am reading that even with 30sec exposures and the vr on, it should be sharp (on a tripod ofcourse). I just got it, so still need to test it in the real world.

Have you made any decision yet?
Congrats, mate! :)

Yes, I actually bought it :) I'm happy with it too thought I've yet to test it extensively. Daylight in Norway is now limited to the working hours of the day (when I'm at work :(:() , so now I only get to shoot photos in the weekends.

I think I can turn of VR in the menu though :)

I am in Finland, so same story ! :)
about the VR, I use a D7100, and If i'm correctly I don't have option to turn it off :/

The NIKKOR 10-20 is an absolute gem IMHO.

It really is!
I like it more then the Tokina 11-16. I find the results sharper and better, and its more versatile, the Tokina I barely used, because of its limited zoom range, the Nikon is actually mostly on my camera now.
Yes the Tokina is F2.8, and thats faster.... but the VR of the Nikon is so great in my opinion that I do not need that 2.8. the only reason I can think of is maybe night photography? but even then! the 10mm I find more interesting then the F2.8

It really is!
I like it more then the Tokina 11-16. I find the results sharper and better, and its more versatile, the Tokina I barely used, because of its limited zoom range, the Nikon is actually mostly on my camera now.
Yes the Tokina is F2.8, and thats faster.... but the VR of the Nikon is so great in my opinion that I do not need that 2.8. the only reason I can think of is maybe night photography? but even then! the 10mm I find more interesting then the F2.8

I played with it some this weekend and its optics are awesome.

It weighs next to nothing, and I don't know how well it will hold up to abuse ... but Im completely anal about caring for gear ... and its cheap enough anyway.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back