NIKKOR 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED strange sound please help!

GstKat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all,
I just got my brand new Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED for my D750 and after few minutes of usage I noticed a strange mechanical sound when zooming from 24mm to 28mm. The lens seems to work properly (for now), does anybody has the same sound? Should I be worried or it's normal? I found a post of a guy that experienced after few months a similar noise (can't be sure it's the same, mine is very low) and he sent the lens back to service. Just wondering if I should do the same. It's really really really disappointing that you get a not-so-cheap lens from Nikon and have to send it back already after 2 minutes!
Please let me know if this is something I should be worried about or not, thanks!!!

Found this review that describes your problem exactly.

bh1835.PNG

Looks like you'll have to either return it and get a new one or send it to Nikon for repair. I don't think it should be making a mechanical sound when zooming.

These things happen unfortunately.

If it's new and you have ANY concerns, send it back/exchange it. Nikon is very good about warrant service.

No sound in my copy. I use it for over a year now, traveling everywhere with it. Just send yours back for repair or for exchange. Good luck.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back