nikkor 24-70 vs 24-85 vs 24-120

Charliedelta

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Assuming money was not a major factor in your decision and that you wanted a lens to use for landscapes for fine art printing and for clean bokeh for your portraits, which lens would you buy: nikkor 24-70mm, nikkor 24-85mm, or nikkor 24-120mm?

I bought the nikkor 24-70 2.8. It almost never comes off my camera.

I reluctantly use a 24-70 for portraiture, only when space is so limited that I cannot use an 85 or longer. 2470 is in a different category than the other two lenses you mention.

although it is in Nikon's top line up and I have one I find it the most boring lens in my collection. It does the job and it does it well but I never get a wow feeling from it like I do from the 85 or 70 -200.

I reluctantly use a 24-70 for portraiture, only when space is so limited that I cannot use an 85 or longer. 2470 is in a different category than the other two lenses you mention.

although it is in Nikon's top line up and I have one I find it the most boring lens in my collection. It does the job and it does it well but I never get a wow feeling from it like I do from the 85 or 70 -200.

X2. I find it a good walk around but not a dedicated portrait lens unless space is limited. Outside - I am always in the 120-180 mm range.

Get the 24-70mm 2.8G lovely lens, I own it and it does most the shots for me!
But for portrait unless space is too tight I will always go for my Tamron 70-200mm 2.8 VC, this focas range is great for portraits

If I have to pick out of the 3 listed lenses, it's the 24-70. It's a good all around lens.

Can't comment on the other 2, but i own the 24-70 ACE!!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back