Nikkor 28mm 1:3.5 Need to know asap

LarryMartin830

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Dose any one have any info on this i kinda need to know if its a wide angel... i have like an hour i may get it to add to my collection :lmao:

i got my answer sorry this can be deleted

Hopefully the answer you recieved is correct. A 28mm lens on a D40, an APS-c or DX format body, would be a "normal" lens. Its focal length, 28mm, is close to the diagonal measure of the image area, the sensor.

The various Nikkor 28mm f/3.5 lenses are billed as "wide-angles" by Nikon because they were designed to be used on the larger 24x36mm "full frame" film format. When used on that format their focal length is approximately 2/3rds of the image diagonal resulting in a moderately wide field of view.

Hopefully the answer you recieved is correct. A 28mm lens on a D40, an APS-c or DX format body, would be a "normal" lens. Its focal length, 28mm, is close to the diagonal measure of the image area, the sensor.

The various Nikkor 28mm f/3.5 lenses are billed as "wide-angles" by Nikon because they were designed to be used on the larger 24x36mm "full frame" film format. When used on that format their focal length is approximately 2/3rds of the image diagonal resulting in a moderately wide field of view.
yeah i got the right answer but thank you for the info

Most reactions

New Topics

Back