Nikkor Advice

Youngun

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm looking for a Nikkor zoom with something around a 24-100mm range. Your reccomendations please.

Sorry, I haven't used any in that range, but Nikon does have a 24-85, 24-120, and a 28-100. I do own the 28-200. It's a pretty decent lense. There is noticeable softness around 135 and up so it's more like a 28-135 lense. It depends on the lense but you probably want something just a little longer/wider than you will use on average because the quality can drop off at the extreme ends of the lense. But like I said it does depend on the lense because some are better than others.

Which ever one you pick you should go for the ED version because it's suppose to give better optics. They do cost more though.

I've got the 24-85mm on my 35mm and I've heard that the 24-120mm is a very nice lense as well but I have not tried it.

You might check out the Nikkor forum on http://www.nikonians.org They have had some lengthy discussions on this topic.

I've browsed a little around Nikonians and and had been looking at the 24-120 VR, but bythom.com gave it a not so hot review and I was hoping to get a second opininion. Standardized lens reviews seem to be pretty hard to find.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back