Nikkor Macro Lenses

William

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Basically I'm down to the 60mm Micro-Nikkor and the 105mm. Which would you suggest?

I'm wanting to hear whats worth spending my money on directly from people who have them. So if you've never had one or used one, please keep your comments to yourselves.

Thanks!
-Will

Both "Best" and "most cost effective" are terms that are subject to a lot of interpretation. I like the 60mm micro Nikkor. Not only is it the least expensive of Nikon's macro lenses but it is long enough to provide good working distance with the digital frame. I've used one for about 8 years and find it to be flexible enough to shoot a wide variety of close up subjects.

Thanks fmw. Do you know of a good place to buy said lens?

If you are going to shoot flowers or static nature, the Nikkor micro 60mm. If you are going to shoot live nature, insects or anything like this, then buy the 105 Nikkor micro, because you will not invade their fear circle.

Regards

If you are going to shoot flowers or static nature, the Nikkor micro 60mm. If you are going to shoot live nature, insects or anything like this, then buy the 105 Nikkor micro, because you will not invade their fear circle.

Regards

Insects can be fearful?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back