Nikon 10-24mm Lens

Huh.. I just realized that is a dx lens. der um me....!!! I guess that would not apply to the D3...lol my.... that price seems high for being a 3.5-4.5 dx lens. The Tokina is a Solid 2.8 and can be had for around 450-500. hmmm

Is this the lens you are getting?
Nikon | 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens | 2181
??
I am curious to see your results. I have been looking at the tokina 11-16 but if I move up to the d3 I will need fx glass and the tokina will not work.. We shall see.
Do show some results.

I'll be ordering the Nikon 12-24mm from B&H tomorrow. I am just waiting one more night to see if I am forgetting anything else that I should order at the moment. I'm already getting another Lexar CF card.

Thanks guys.

12-24, not 10-24. I decided against the newer 10-24 because of the build quality.

threadrevive.jpg

Hahaha, only two years ago!

But seeing as its revived from the death, I've heard its a rather mediocre lens from the reviews I've seen, just in case someone one bothers to take notice of this 2 year old thread. Sigma and Tokina have surpassed it!

But seeing as its revived from the death, I've heard its a rather mediocre lens from the reviews I've seen, just in case someone one bothers to take notice of this 2 year old thread. Sigma and Tokina have surpassed it!

Not having shot w/ the Sigma & Tokina, I can't compare them, but my 10-24 is my most-used lens and it's pin sharp.

Not having shot w/ the Sigma & Tokina, I can't compare them, but my 10-24 is my most-used lens and it's pin sharp.

Not knocking it, just photozone.de didn't think much of it. And I do trust photozone, they really seem to do proper testing! But yeah thats not to say it isn't a top notch lens.

After a long time on tests and reading opinions I decided to get the tokina 11-16 Pro.
It's my only 'non nikon' lens and its no doubt the best of all.

You have to test it against nikon and sigma to feel and see the difference.

Some of my shot as example:

imggolden.jpg

imgsalto.jpg

imgmetro1.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back