Nikon 105mm to buy or not to buy?

AF-D or AF-S?

There's the Zeiss 100 f/2 that's pretty good if you're ok with manual focus.

I dunno, not too much wrong with the 105VR, one of my favorite nikon lenses for sure.

This is Nikon's original 105mm AF Micro and it's a great lens. I bought this one used in 1999. It focuses right up to 1:1 life size with no fooling around. If focuses quickly in both AF and manual modes. And yes, of course it's sharp all over at every distance and f/stop.
Info : camera tips and Guide

I heard many pros and cons. Is there anything better in the same price rage?
You can find pros and cons for just about any lens.

I don't waste much time pooring over other peoples opinions, though I do look at empirical technical test data when it's available.

I get a lens based on reading the specifications of the lens. After I get it, I make my own judgement of it's performance based on my needs.

If I decide it doesn't work for my needs, it gets sent back. I find that methodology less expensive than renting as a means of evaluating glass.

I heard many pros and cons. Is there anything better in the same price rage?
You can find pros and cons for just about any lens.

I don't waste much time pooring over other peoples opinions, though I do look at empirical technical test data when it's available.

I get a lens based on reading the specifications of the lens. After I get it, I make my own judgement of it's performance based on my needs.

If I decide it doesn't work for my needs, it gets sent back. I find that methodology less expensive than renting as a means of evaluating glass.

its a great lens, but you need to try it yourself! thats next on my list and the moment i have enough saved for it, I will not hesitate a moment

I would say get it, but I agree with wol go into the shop and try it out. Decide if you like it or not. :lol:

Most reactions

Back