nikon 17-55 f2.8 OR 24-70mm f2.8

I wish I was comfortable buying 3rd party lenses. Quality is never the same, and regardless of reviews I can't see them ever being sharper. Close, perhaps... But never more than.

Check out some of my pics on this thread. I used the Sigma 18-50 HSM. :sexywink:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/beyond-basics/200601-problem-color.html

Photos are a little soft IMHO but for 1/3 the price I'm more than happy with what I got. Pluse I'm using a jurassic D80 that's had 2 hard drops (1 drop with the Sigma lense on and it broke the CPL that was on it) and countless bang-ups so I'm lucky it still holds up.

I wish I was comfortable buying 3rd party lenses. Quality is never the same, and regardless of reviews I can't see them ever being sharper. Close, perhaps... But never more than.

Check out some of my pics on this thread. I used the Sigma 18-50 HSM. :sexywink:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/beyond-basics/200601-problem-color.html

Photos are a little soft IMHO but for 1/3 the price I'm more than happy with what I got. Pluse I'm using a jurassic D80 that's had 2 hard drops (1 drop with the Sigma lense on and it broke the CPL that was on it) and countless bang-ups so I'm lucky it still holds up.

Not bad at all!

There is nothing wrong with buying 3rd party lenses, I just personally don't feel comfortable with them. I am not comfortable buying used lenses either; just personal preference. There are a few "gems" out there but not many. The price is what draws most people to them, and that is totally fine. Nothing wrong with saving $$ if it's just a hobby. People are very quick to jump on those who have anything negative to say about 3rd party lenses (not meaning you). In most cases I feel as if they are just justifying their purchase to themselves. There is a reason why pro's don't shoot them, but that doesn't mean they should be overlooked.

This is not meant to start a flame-war, it's merely my views on it.

I ordered my Nikon 24-70mm. It will be here Friday :boogie:

Nice purchase! You can't go wrong with that. Coincidentally, I just ordered a Sigma 10-20mm f3.5, and a Sigma 100-300mm f4, one B&W CPL for both lenses that have a 82mm head and black rapid camera strap.

I'm keeping the D80 though until it can't shoot no more! lol D300s is in the near future.

Nice purchase! You can't go wrong with that. Coincidentally, I just ordered a Sigma 10-20mm f3.5, and a Sigma 100-300mm f4, one B&W CPL for both lenses that have a 82mm head and black rapid camera strap.

I'm keeping the D80 though until it can't shoot no more! lol D300s is in the near future.

Good choice. My D300 has been awesome. I am waiting for the D700 to be upgraded then I will use it as my backup body or if I need more reach for wildlife shots (crop sensor).

Most reactions

Back