Nikon 18-200 DX VR II or not?

tjstrain

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sun1.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I ordered a new lens as above with the "VR II" as stated on B & H's web page. When the lens came in an hour ago there is no indication anywhere on the box, paperwork or lens itself. I would have at least figured it would have shown up on the receipt. Anyone have any insight into this????? Since it's to late to call now, I'll call tomorrow to see what they say.. Thanks, TJ

This lens only comes with VRII so no need to worry...

This lens only comes with VRII so no need to worry...

+1
Their should be a switch on the lens and also it should say VR in red letters on it.

The letters VR are in RED. What does the switch do?
The red "VR" is not on a switch. It's on the housing.

There are three switches. They're all described in the instruction sheet that came with the camera.

Probably MF/AF, VR on/off, and probably like a switch for 2 types of VR. Sorry, never used this lens

I thought it was strange that the B&H advertisement labeled the lens on their web page with the "VR II" no one else did. My confirmation order form had it on it, Then when it arrived there was no mention of it on the box or lens or the receipt. I read somewhere that the new VR II had recently been released. The local camera shops knew nothing of the "VR II" I guess I get a tad annal when investing that much cash in new equipment. Thanks for all of the info.

+1
Their should be a switch on the lens and also it should say VR in red letters on it.

I said there were letters on the lens...

I thought it was strange that the B&H advertisement labeled the lens on their web page with the "VR II" no one else did. My confirmation order form had it on it, Then when it arrived there was no mention of it on the box or lens or the receipt. I read somewhere that the new VR II had recently been released. The local camera shops knew nothing of the "VR II" I guess I get a tad annal when investing that much cash in new equipment. Thanks for all of the info.

VR II was released with the 18-200. It was the first lens to have it, and it did not exist before VR II...

Several newer *cheaper* lenses like the 55-200 VR have been released after the 18-200 with first generation VR, only a few of the more expensive Nikkors have VR II.

Basically, the difference in performance between VR I and VR II is about one stop. No worries, mate, you have VR II on that lens. It simply doesn't come any other way.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back