Nikon 20mm 1.8

It's on my long list.

i just bought it! hopefully i have it before the weekend!

Congrats. I have been eyeing this one. I think it would make a great landscape/ cityscape lens.

I have it, it is a really good lens. So good that I have been using my 14-24 a lot less because of filters (I have a filter holder for the 14-24 but it is cumbersome). It is very sharp, nice contrast and colors, very light and ergonomic. It really shines with night sky photos. My only complaint is that it is not wide enough, but then I really enjoy and am used to shooting wide with the 14. If it was 17-18 I would probably stop using the big zoom completely. Links to some photos:

Nikon 20mm f/1.8G | Page 3 | Photography Forum

45 Second Exposure at Noon | Photography Forum

well, i have the sigma 15mm fisheye, if i really need to go wide... haha

i can't wait to get some great shots with this lens!

first thing, i think i am gonna retake this hdr shot.

treatyoak by MrSleepin (Nick Garcia), on Flickr

I have it, it is a really good lens. So good that I have been using my 14-24 a lot less because of filters (I have a filter holder for the 14-24 but it is cumbersome). It is very sharp, nice contrast and colors, very light and ergonomic. It really shines with night sky photos. My only complaint is that it is not wide enough, but then I really enjoy and am used to shooting wide with the 14. If it was 17-18 I would probably stop using the big zoom completely. Links to some photos:

Not wide enough has been why I haven't purchased it yet. Yet :)

How is it wide open, and how does it handle coma? I was thinking this could be a good lens for landscape astrophotography

How is it wide open, and how does it handle coma? I was thinking this could be a good lens for landscape astrophotography

It does great, very little coma. And very sharp wide open, even to the corners. Of the few reviews I have read, they are somewhat mixed on both those factors, but I have found it to be equal to my 14-24 at 20mm.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back