Nikon 20mm f/1.8G

I was thinking about this this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw that. but I still like my 18-35 AF-D

Last edited:
It might be a really good lens. The older 20mm f/2.8 AF-D is a lens I owned for 10 years, and never really 'clicked' with, so I let my ex-wife have it after the divorce. Something makes me think this new 20mm lens might become popular. Probably the sheer f/1.8 speed and the wide FOV it gives will be popular with a lot of people who like low-light work and value high speed but not the $1600 price point of some other lenses. The auxiliary, $49.95 close-up lens for it is an interesting development.

I want one. Seems great for astro and wide angle close up artsy shots. It'd be great for some really unique shots. AND a LOT cheaper than the 24 1.4!

I want one. Seems great for astro and wide angle close up artsy shots. It'd be great for some really unique shots. AND a LOT cheaper than the 24 1.4!
Don't you have enough ? lol

I have gas too....Oh wait lol

GAS !!!! ;)

Nah, not really. Pure peer pressure. Will be gone once I leave this forum ! I bet ! Uh ...

Don't be too quick now. Sigma & Tamron are sneaking in the background like the phantom playing the organ. Keep your other eye on them while you look at this, you want to have all the information before you make your decision.

Don't be too quick now. Sigma & Tamron are sneaking in the background like the phantom playing the organ. Keep your other eye on them while you look at this, you want to have all the information before you make your decision.

I doubt I'll buy one until I can get it used.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

It fills a much-needed gap... I think? But if it's anything like the 35mm 1.8G FX, or 28mm 1.8G FX lenses, it might be another crippled little piece of glass.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back