Nikon 24-70mm 2.8 AF/S or Nikon 85mm 1.4 G AF/S?

i agree, you can get a good blow out even with a cheaper lens. i took this with my 70-300, i should really stop slamming it to 300mm on small birds cause it gets rather soft, but it still blows out the background even at 5.6F

unedited un-cropped, so far i have been very happy with this 70-300 vr, that i paid $325 for slightly used. for the minimal long range shooting i do i think i'll stick with it for a while as my telephoto.

300mmbird.jpg

I have both and I could not shoot weddings professionally without my 24-70 2.8, well I could but I would miss shots if I had to stick with the 85 1.4. some times you just can't move...

Both are about the same sharpness, they are both exceptional lenses but I prefer the 24-70; it's simply more useful for me.

glad to hear, my 24-70 will be here monday, i just cannot wait....

Good choice, I love my 24-70 it opens this spectrum of creativity unmatched. Enjoy buddy.

Why wouldnt you put a g lense on a DX body? All my lenses are g for my D-90. Why? Because when buying lenses, get good glass period. Its a life long purchase. Especially when you plan to upgrade to FX. Seems pointless to upgrade to FX when you've purchased a a boat load of DX lenses.

Most reactions

Back