Nikon 35-105mm f3.5-4.5

My advice, assuming you are using DX body get the Nikon 18-105mm VR used!

Few reasons why
1.Tons of those out there so they are easy to find and cheap (around 120$-150$)
2.Much more modern then the one you look at thus better optics
3.Has VR which is a nice bonus
4.Better focal range

Used to own this lens and it was lovely, good general use lens in good lighting.
Good advice. I already bought the lens though. Have to take your advice for maybe the next one. I think i might find myself in a situation of buying a camera to match the lenses. Rather than buying a lens to match the camera.

Last edited:
i would like to find something that works with and without batteries that i can shove any lens on it pretty much i find at a yard sale or flea market. i might be asking too much.

nevermind. i just bought another camera. I will put the lens on that not the dx. Problem solved . There ya go..

My advice, assuming you are using DX body get the Nikon 18-105mm VR used!

Few reasons why
1.Tons of those out there so they are easy to find and cheap (around 120$-150$)
2.Much more modern then the one you look at thus better optics
3.Has VR which is a nice bonus
4.Better focal range

Used to own this lens and it was lovely, good general use lens in good lighting.
Good advice. I already bought the lens though. Have to take your advice for maybe the next one. I think i might find myself in a situation of buying a camera to match the lenses. Rather than buying a lens to match the camera.
The truth is bodies come and go but lens stay, the advice of investing in good glass is a good one.
Of course best combination is good body with good glass :)

nevermind. i just bought another camera. I will put the lens on that not the dx. Problem solved . There ya go..
Ok now you got my attention, what gear did you buy ?

1978 cheapo film camera... you know. nothing but high quality bodies and high quality glass.

1978 cheapo film camera... you know. nothing but high quality bodies and high quality glass.
I want to get a classy looking SLR, don't care if it will work or not just want it for show in the cabinet.
This is totally for shooting. Going to pick up another old konica too. i need to back track. For my own good.. Wife is already worried about how much $ in film i am about to burn through.

I want to get a classy looking SLR, don't care if it will work or not just want it for show in the cabinet.
This is totally for shooting. Going to pick up another old konica too. i need to back track. For my own good.. Wife is already worried about how much $ in film i am about to burn through.
I personally currently have one SLR film camera, its an old Soviet era Zenith with 2 lenses, a 55mm prime and HUGE 300mm prime plus a trigger which makes with camera when has the 300mm mounted on it look like you are trying to shoot down brids with a missle LOL.

I personally currently have one SLR film camera, its an old Soviet era Zenith with 2 lenses, a 55mm prime and HUGE 300mm prime plus a trigger which makes with camera when has the 300mm mounted on it look like you are trying to shoot down brids with a missle LOL.
you don't use it??

you don't use it??
Nope, never did, didnt shoot film since I bought my first real digital camera (5MP Samsung) many years ago.
Here are few pictures of it

AE1_6578_zpsffeaf602.jpg

AE1_6577_zpsb3e47ac4.jpg

AE1_6580_zpsdfe2cfac.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back