Nikon 35mm 1.8g Feedback

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone i would like to know what does everyone think of the 35mm 1.8g i heard that is lens does alot of misfiring with the focusing if someone can please help me on that would be great. i was looking to purchase one as a Christmas gift for myself.

I have one and it focuses just fine for me.

I have both the 35mm AF-S DX 1.8G, and the 50mm AF-S 1.8G.

I have more pictures through the 35mm than the 50mm, but I've got no complaints with the 35.

my friend lend me the 50mm and it was alot of misfiring. i hope the 35mm doesnt misfire on me lol do you like the 35mm over the 50mm.

Last edited:
It's not really one over the other. I picked up the 50/1.8 as I'm trying to slowly roll my lenses away from DX in anticipation of an FX body in the near future. I've been happy with both lenses ... just different focal lengths.

Understanding Camera Autofocus

Nikon's AF-S 35 mm f/1.8G is:
  • Slightly soft and low in contrast when used with the aperture wide open.
  • Has somewhat more lateral chromatic aberration than most 50mm 'standard' primes.
  • And is prone to delivering purple fringing and bokeh chromatic aberration that is most visible at large apertures.
I had one for about a month, then sold it.

you had a 50mm 1.8g for about a month do you still have your 35mm 1.8g

Hey everyone i would like to know what does everyone think of the 35mm 1.8g i heard that is lens does alot of misfiring with the focusing if someone can please help me on that would be great. i was looking to purchase one as a Christmas gift for myself.
I have it and love it. It works just fine on my d5100. I'm not sure what the lab tests would show, but it is a lens I wouldn't upgrade.

nice thank you so much i use SLRGear.com for lab test on lenses they are very good.

I got a bad 35mm 1.8G DX lens. It was bad from day #1 though... and I think it was consistently misfocusing, so calibration might have been able to fix it.

When I used liveview (for proper focus), the lens was excellent.

If you want the lens, I wouldn't let the bad stories sway you to not get it.

you had a 50mm 1.8g for about a month do you still have your 35mm 1.8g
I had the Nikon AF-S 35 mm f/1.8G for a month and got feed up with having to fix the CA and purple fringing it produced.
It is a consumer grade lens with common consumer grade lens issues.

Understanding Camera Autofocus

Nikon's AF-S 35 mm f/1.8G is:
  • Slightly soft and low in contrast when used with the aperture wide open.
  • Has somewhat more lateral chromatic aberration than most 50mm 'standard' primes.
  • And is prone to delivering purple fringing and bokeh chromatic aberration that is most visible at large apertures.
I had one for about a month, then sold it.
I pretty much never shoot mine at an f/stop larger than 2.5. f/1.8 is just too soft and dull for my taste. As for the purple fringing, the newest Lightroom seems to take care of really nicely.

Lightroom 5 does Photoshop take care of it alsp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back