Nikon 50-300 f/4.5 AI

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I was just browsing my local camera store's used department page and I came across this lens that I never heard of.

Has anyone at TPF used this before? Maybe @Derrel has.

Looks interesting. I mean $300 to get 300 f/4.5 isn't half bad but then again...you can find a 300 AF-D f/4 for around the same and its auto focus, and probably more modern optics too. But either way, it's quite an interesting lens. I'm not interested in buying it, just thought it was neat!

Back in day of film, I wonder how many times this lens was used by investigators?

Nikon Zoom-Nikkor Auto 50-300mm F/4.5 SLR Lens - AI Mount RARE

I agree. I'm assuming there was a 300 AIS prime around that time of the 50-300 4.5.

I looked at some shots taken with the 50-300 4.5 and it seems to handle high res sensors fairly well for what it is.

I'm sure there are so many Nikkor lenses that I haven't heard of yet.

Check out Bjorn Rorslett's "Nikon Lens Evaluation Pages"; he fully covers the 50-300 Nikkor lens and its iterations. It has some things going for it, if one knows how to utilize the lens. Be aware: it is fairly large in size.

As Bjorn often states, any lens can be used to make good pictures, if one knows how to utilize the len's capabilities and characteristics.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back