Nikon 50 f/1.8 Series E........ free to --deserving user--.

I would love to have my name in the running as well. With 2 kids in competitive soccer money is always an issue. I'm just getting into photography and am not sure if it will work with my D7000. If you think it will work for my camera I would love the opportunity to experiment a little more.

I would love to have my name in the running as well. With 2 kids in competitive soccer money is always an issue. I'm just getting into photography and am not sure if it will work with my D7000. If you think it will work for my camera I would love the opportunity to experiment a little more.

It will.... In A or M modes only. And you must turn the aperture ring to set it.

I'm looking for a 50mm 1.8, I want to do some portraits of my family. I am completely a novice at the moment, may someone explain to me the different between the series? D, E, G? (Assuming newer models?)

I'm looking for a 50mm 1.8, I want to do some portraits of my family. I am completely a novice at the moment, may someone explain to me the different between the series? D, E, G? (Assuming newer models?)

Series E is basically an AI lens. E was the designation Nikon used for their low-end lenses at the time. D lenses typically had better optics, and were chipped to the camera could control the aperture. G lenses are purely electronic and have no aperture rings (G stands for Gelded). Pretty much useless for the bulk of old film bodies.

And thus the saga of the lens that you couldn't even give away continues. Will Steele discover Mandy's two timing ways? Will Ragnor realize they really are lost and it's time to turn the boat around? Will the guy watching that reality show realize there is pretty much no reality to it at all?

Tune in next week to find out....

And thus the saga of the lens that you couldn't even give away continues........

You must have skipped the posts from those who said they want it.

And thus the saga of the lens that you couldn't even give away continues........

You must have skipped the posts from those who said they want it.

It's not his fault.:( He's so caught up in his Soap's, he's having trouble keeping reality strait!!!:lol:

Shhhh... jeez. Steele is coming home early and I think he's going to catch Mandy in the act.. with Ragnar. Apparently he wasn't as lost as he was pretending to be...

Series E is basically an AI lens. E was the designation Nikon used for their low-end lenses at the time. D lenses typically had better optics, and were chipped to the camera could control the aperture. G lenses are purely electronic and have no aperture rings (G stands for Gelded). Pretty much useless for the bulk of old film bodies.

Thanks for the simple explanation, if nobody wants this lens I will surely love to take it :)

haha It's alright, since I'm still new here I don't think I deserve it, seniority first.

Nah Joah, it's whoever the OP choses ;)

Haha well okay :)
I tell you my story, I just bought my first DSLR camera a week ago (Nikon D5200). I own two lens with it including the kit lens (18-55mm) and a 55-200mm. I want to pursue photography as a hobby but a serious photographer. When people say "A picture is worth a thousand words" I want to take a picture that not even words can describe it :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back