Nikon 70-200 sharper than EF 135/2.0L?

Bellphototcm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I found that the Nikon 70-200 at 70mm is sharper than Canon EF 135/2.0L from www.photozone.de .
How can it be???
Zoom lens is sharper than the Canon famous PRIME lens?
Would you like tell me why?
I am going to buy the EF 70-200/2.8L IS these days. But I am also thinking to buy the Nikon camera and the 70-200/2.8.
Thanks a lot.

Nikon just makes better glass? :D

Did you compare it to the Canon 70-200?

What you encountered is generally not the case. It might have happened under a given set of circumstances. If you make honest lens tests using the same subjects at all apertures, you will find the fixed focal length lens will outperform the zoom at that focal length. It might not be an overwhelming difference but there is no way for zoom to have as much contrast or corner sharpness as a high quality fixed lens. I just doesn't happen.

those tests are pointless...

we should have a rule... no starting nikon vs canon threads until you've got 1000 posts under your belt.. I'm joking.

seriously.. any of that equipment will outperform US.

Thanks a lot everybody.
Then I decide to get the EF 70-200/2.8 ASAP.

As fmw says it shouldn't happen... and more likely it has something to do with the fact that the tests are performed on different cameras using different sensors and different processing! IMO tests and bar charts, however honest their intentions, should be considered skeptically.

Even if were true... it doesn't matter. "Sharpness" alone is not the only important quality in a lens.

As fmw says it shouldn't happen... and more likely it has something to do with the fact that the tests are performed on different cameras using different sensors and different processing! IMO tests and bar charts, however honest their intentions, should be considered skeptically.

Even if were true... it doesn't matter. "Sharpness" alone is not the only important quality in a lens.
Thanks a lot. Now I know what I should focus on. I will get the EF 70-200 soon. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back