Nikon 70-200 VR2

Josh220

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My next big purchase is going to be the 70-200 VR2. It's something I have lusted after since I got my first DSLR (It was the VR1 back then). Now that the VR2 has come out, and some issues have risen, I have put off the purchase for a little while. Although I love my 24-70, it just didn't satisfy me.

I have been watching the lens on B&H and the price has been dropping weekly (almost daily lately). Does anyone know why it keeps dropping in price? It's almost $100 less than last month. I am skeptical to purchase it if it will keep dropping.

Also, for those of you who already own the VR2, are you getting the common issues still such as the dust/particles inside the barrel? I've reached the limit that internet searches and reviews will provide me.

Not a expert but exchange fluctuations?

If you want it get it, don't wait just because you might think save a few dollars

If you want it get it, don't wait just because you might think save a few dollars

i am waiting for the price to go down to save a few dollards.
its something i WANT not something i need.

i am waiting for the price to go down to save a few dollards.
its something i WANT not something i need.

Fine then wait till the VRIII model is released

I'm not waiting to save a few dollars, I am waiting because I just bought the 24-70, a $1500 roof rack for my truck, and a trip to Hawaii at the end of the month for my girlfriends graduation present.

I was just curious as to why. I am more concerned with Nikon's CQ issues.

QC maybe? Quality Control

Yeah, sorry. I wrote that in a hurry on my way out the door.

Nikon's QC worries me. They have had a surprisingly large amount of issues with the VR2. None of which they will fix because they say it's "normal." Hence, I would prefer to purchase one that has none of the issues from the start.

Did you read Thom Hogan's review of the VR-2 70-200??? It's a must-read.

Did you read Thom Hogan's review of the VR-2 70-200??? It's a must-read.

Yes I have. I think you may have been the one who linked me to it.

Most reactions

Back