Nikon 70-200mm f2.8 VR1 in RARE "Light GRAY"

earthguy00

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
PLEASE NOTE: This lens is the RARE "LIGHT GRAY VR1 version"

This is ONE SHARP COPY! Optically perfect with no issues whatsoever. Performs like it's legendary status. Perfect. Has minor cosmetic blemishes towards the end of the barrel where the tripod collar is located. Does not affect performance or quality whatsoever. IT is the sharpest lens I've ever owned. Glass is perfect. Performance is super fast and autofocusing is scary quick.

Cosmetically there are no visible markings.

This is the RARE "Light GRAY" version. It will come with Pouch, HB-29 Hood, both caps.

Soon to be a collector's item.
DSC_0013.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

NVR.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

PIC_3758.jpg

PIC_3778.jpg

PIC_3790.jpg

PIC_3814.jpg

PIC_3822.jpg

PIC_3837.jpg

Magpieshrikegazingatmylens.jpg

PRICE: $1,650>>>ABSOLUTELY FIRM!

This means NO DISCOUNTS. This model and color is discontinued and cannot even place a special order as I have called NIKON USA to confirm. Please feel free to concur.

Contact me for LOCAL PICKUP ONLY if you are in the 5 Boroughs of NY.

Cellular: 646.289.1346
My e-mail: [email protected]

Please include a contact number if interested.
No number included will be politely ignored.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
It is indeed a nice-looking lens in the light grey finish.

personally i find the light grey pretty cheesy and kind of looks like a "me too" lens like the white Minolta/Sony 70-200 and Canon lenses.

Light toned lenses on Nikon's just don't look right. I like my Black Gold.

personally i find the light grey pretty cheesy and kind of looks like a "me too" lens like the white Minolta/Sony 70-200 and Canon lenses.

X2

To most it would look like a knockoff or third party lens. (Or a Canon *shudders*)

Here's what they look like since OP didn't provide a picture:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1103/565364458_3023a667b1.jpg

Third party knock off lens? I constantly have people ask me if my lens is a Canon and when I tell them it's a Nikon they are even more amazed.

Clearly. People that can only say negative remarks about anything have only time on their hands and do not respect peoples posting.

One should learn to keep their negative opinions to themselves as this only states that they have a superiority complex.

Third party knock off lens? I constantly have people ask me if my lens is a Canon and when I tell them it's a Nikon they are even more amazed.

Clearly. People that can only say negative remarks about anything have only time on their hands and do not respect peoples posting.

One should learn to keep their negative opinions to themselves as this only states that they have a superiority complex.

Nothing I said was derogatory, but 99.9% of people have no clue that it came in grey, hence my reasoning.

I am used to people with thicker internet skin, and I apologize for being too blunt.

Do you have pictures of *your* lens so we may see the condition of the lens body as well as the lens itself? I am in the market for a 70-200, and although I have been planning on getting the VR2, I have been keeping an eye out for good deals on VR1's. I just can't bring myself to trust anyone on craigs list. :er:

X2

To most it would look like a knockoff or third party lens. (Or a Canon *shudders*)

:lol: wow man you care way too much abt what other ppl think. as long as you know your shooting with a sweet piece of glass who cares what other ppl think

great looking lens OP wish i had the $

X2

:lol: wow man you care way too much abt what other ppl think. as long as you know your shooting with a sweet piece of glass who cares what other ppl think

great looking lens OP wish i had the $

Oh relax. :er:

It's actually very important what others think. If it looks like a Canon, you wont have to worry about it being stolen.

OP, thank you for the pictures but I will pass. It's too dinged up for me.

blahblahblah

don't get your panties in such a tight bunch

blahblahblah

don't get your panties in such a tight bunch
Escapism.. the reason many come on the internet... me being one of those people... Anyway OP its the internet and Political Correctness and the little kid "If you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all" are both BS. Calm down.. =P

Most reactions

Back