Nikon 70-200mm VRII just arrived!

Wolverinepwnes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Oh man, the lens just got here, I can't wait for the next few days so I can test this baby out!!!!! its so rugged and well built and heavy! I must admit though I do miss the little gold plate that came with the older version!

DSC_0893.jpg

i am truly jealous... I'd settle for just a 70 - 200 vr! Have fun with it!

wow, congrats! You gotta show some shots taken with it. Its a must for new lens threads. :lol:

Wow amazing! Can't wait to see the shots that come from that baby/beast not sure haha. Enjoy!
tj

What separates it from the original?

Old one was vignetting on FX sensors, it has a better vibration reduction, reported to be good to a 10th of a second :O, and Nano coating. Everyone whose used it so far has said it's far and above the best 70-200 by any company.

And is it just me, or does that lens hood look smaller than the old one? Or is the lens just huge? Nikon does seem to be going that direction (i.e. massive 24-70 and 14-24).

The hood is smaller that the older version! and so is the lens but by a few mm only!

The hood looks kind of dorky on it, it's so short :p

I'd actually see about getting the 70-200 VRI hood and see if it fits on the new 70-200.

Just took five or six shots before work, i thought i'd upload a couple of them, they are nothing special but whatever, the lens was wide open at 2.8.

DSC_0906.jpg

DSC_0938.jpg

cheers

Most reactions

Back