Nikon 80D vs. Nion 70D

Discussion in 'Digital Discussion & Q&A' started by Holly, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Holly

Holly TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Anyone have the Nikon 80D?

I currently have the 70D... DH showed me the 80D... The only difference I see is the MP.. Is it worth switching over?

2. Artoo

Artoo TPF Noob!

Here's a list of the differences... http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond80/

I've only just got the D80. Also I haven't had a chance to use the D70. Still, from what I heard it significantly improves in nearly every field in comparison to the older model. The additional MP's are kinda nice in their own right, too.

Edit: I kinda dig that 18-135mm lens. It's versatile. A Jack of all trades, master of none. Still, decent all round.

3. Tiberius

Tiberius TPF Noob!

The Larger Sensor is mostly superfluous but allows for more cropping. The larger viewfinder is heavenly, and the increased number of AF sensors makes it much more accurate.

4. fmw

fmw No longer a newbie, moving up!

I don't see any compelling reason to upgrade. I would wait for the next generation of models.

5. Artoo

Artoo TPF Noob!

Actually, I'm with fmw on this one.... I got a D80 since it's my first DSLR. I guess I'd stay with the D70 in your place. Either that or aim a lot higher (D200 wise)

6. Sw1tchFX

Sw1tchFX TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Exactly. I actually like the smaller viewfinder on my D70 beucase it's easier to see when i got my eyeglasses on. More AF points? meh, i rarely go outside of the center one anyway. 10MP? practicly no difference. the only thing i like about the D80 is that it's a bit more comfortable than the D70 and it's got an AF mode button on top of it. I hate going through menus to change from AF-S to AF-C.

7. Holly

Holly TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks every one!! :) I Guess Ill just stick to my 70... I Do not plan to print very large pictures anyway! Yes I like the AF on topwith the 80..