Nikon AF-S DX Zoom Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED

Eyetattoo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Wondering if this lens is worth purchasing, I can probably pick it up for under $100 used. Haven't seen much written on this lens only the 18-200mm. Also I assume that it is a AF-S lens the AF will work on my D3000? Thanks!

It will work just fine, is this the VR version or no? The VR version is the one to get in my opinion.

I have the VR version and while the lens is a little slow, it is quite sharp. It's worth getting for sure but you probably should look at the VR version too.

Good to know. How is the lens overall (the VR version)?

Good to know. How is the lens overall (the VR version)?

It's an inexpensive consumer grade lens that can be bought with or without VR. For a kit lens it has reasonably sharp focus if used properly. If you have good camera handeling skill the VR is less valuable.

If you want top shelf pro stuff you can get the new AF-S 70-200 mm f/2.8 VRII for $2400, new.

^ Exactly.

It will enable you to take good photos, and for most consumers it will be more then adequate. I would imagine even more so if you have never had a chance to use the thousand dollar pro lenses.

When coupled with the 18-55, it gives you a good coverage range and the ability to capture some good, distant shots. I have used it for action and still with good results.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back