Nikon and 10D

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by danalec99, Mar 21, 2004.

1. danalec99

danalec99 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Do you know which Nikon is Canon 10D's counterpart/rival?

And how would you compare the two?

2. Skyeg

Skyeg TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    probubly nikon D100. both are great cameras. if i were t obuy one, i would probubly go with the nikon, only because i already have a lot of nikon lenses and flashes. if i had canon lenses i would buy the canon.

3. mrsid99

mrsid99 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

If you're starting without any lenses then the Canon 10D is the way to go.
    The new Nikon D70 is supposedly a contender but it's too new for user feedback yet.

4. Harpper

Harpper TPF Noob!

It used to be the Nikon D100 but people have been saying the D70 would be a closer competition. Although don't rule out the D100 just yet. Consumers have been noticing a shorter supply of D100s and it's been rumored that Nikon will have an upgrade for it soon. Although soon could be in another year so I wouldn't hold my breathe.

As for the D70 I believe it was officially released in the U.S. on March 18 but good luck getting one. There is a long waiting list from pre-orders. This site has the first "professional" and useful review that I've seen. I've actually pre-ordered one myself based on the review, previews, and sample shots from users who already have theirs. I'll let you guys know how it handles when I get it which would probably be sometime in April.

The reason I choose to get the D70 is because of the cost. For only about $100 more than the Canon 300D, it doesn't have the limitations of the 300D and it also doesn't have the cost of the 10D and D100. Before the D70 came out I was all set to get the 10D.

If you want to compare the cameras then go to http://www.dpreview.com/ and click "side-by-side" menu link. it's too much information to list here. The site also has a lot of good reviews and information about photography.