NIKON BAD POLICY

binfordtools

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I own a Nikon F5,N80,D70 plus lens and flash unit plus.I bought my D70 on the 16th of June.Got it home put it together and the len was bad. I took the lens back that day to the dealer.He sent it back to Nikon for repair.I was told today my lens would be back on the 6th of August that is seven week with out this lens. Nikon policy is to repair the items.I paid for a new lens not a new repair lens and the dealer wasn't much help with this matter.I will never buy another NIKON PRODUCT or buy from this dealer. My next camera will be a Kodak DCS SLR/C with Sigma lens NIKON CHANGE YOUR POLICY

The dealer should have replaced the lens with a new one, and dealt with Nikon themselves. This is how we would have handled it at the camera store I worked at.

That was my opinion too. The store that Binfordtools has been dealing with has always been really good so both of us were extremely surprised that they didn't handle things better. They have a 7 day return policy and I think that since he returned it the same day, that he should just ask for his money back for the lens. Then they will have to deal with Nikon's stupid policy and he will have the cash back to buy a lens elsewhere.

I'm not pissed but surprised with NIKON and this dealer.I have used NIKON cameras for years with no problem.And to be treated like this .And one of us went to school with him and my family is good friends with his.When you have friends in retail you like to support them. But to be treated like this, He has lost my business and some of my other family menbers forever.When I work retail for my good friend our policy was to take care of your customer.And thats the way it was and should be.

Photogoddess,Lets go across the street and have a drink and maybe take JJ with us.I need to wash this away.I forgot I don't drink but we could still go across the street 8) :p :lol:

Yeah, if it was the same day i would have insisted on a refund, or NEW replacement. I know of no business that treats customers that poorly. At least ones that are still in business. That may be Nikon's policy to repair first replace last, but thats pretty standard in the industry. Its not Nikons fault that that camera dealer was trying to dick you around. Its just too bad that he succeeded in jerking you off.
In the future if you buy anthing in a store that is expensive and you can test i would test it in the store so that you can protect yourself from DOA products. If that guy told me the same day that he had to send it in for repair i would have broken that lens over his head, then stole the most expensive lens he had, perhaps driving my car thru his front window "on accident" as well....

UPDATE:My lens finally came in and it works fine. :twisted: But 8 weeks was a long time :evil: .Nikon will never get another dime from me. :evil: :evil: :evil:

binfordtools said:
UPDATE:My lens finally came in and it works fine. :twisted: But 8 weeks was a long time :evil: .Nikon will never get another dime from me. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I wouldn't blame Nikon for what is obviously a dealer issue.

I would have disputed the charge on my credit card bill, and purchased another lense........from another dealer.

mrsid99 said:
binfordtools said:

I wouldn't blame Nikon for what is obviously a dealer issue.

Neither would I. The dealer should have replaced the whole unit and returned it to nikon. Thats what we would have done at the camera store I used to work for.

If you are upset about an 8 week repair time, welcom to the world of camera repair. Thats life.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back