Nikon battery - COUNTERFEIT!

I buy generic ones and they work great.
28.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
05.jpg

04.jpg
29.jpg
Do they say Nikon on them and cost the same as genuine OEM?

I absolutely understand what your saying Greybeard......if you bought a Cartier watch and found out it was knockoff,who cares if it keeps the correct time...you paid for a genuine product.

I have two 3rd-party batts for by D60, but OEMs for my D7K only because no one makes EN-EL15 aftermarkets AFAIK.

But I've never had a problem with the 3rd-party batts for the D60, and they're 3 years old.

After reading this thread, I just ordered an EN-EL15 from eBay for $20 shipped.

I understand why you'd be upset, not getting what you paid for. But the off-brand batteries I used in my Canon actually work better (can get more shots per charge) than the authentic Canon's and they cost about half as much.

I have the opposite experience with batteries for my Canon 5D and 5D II .... the original brand batteries work much better on the long run, and behave much much better at low temperatures. However I experienced big differences between different off-brand batteries. Some were quite good.

FAKE, COUNTERFEIT Nikon Battery EN-EL15
Just bought a Nikon en el15 battery online and it turned out to be fake. The differences are obvious but just to make sure it was a fake took it down to a Nikon dealer and the confirmed it was a 100% Fake!
Just to help other here are some photos of a Genuine and fake nikon EN-EL5 battery to compare.

Attachments

• $bottom.jpg
    $bottom.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 431
  • $contectors.jpg
    $contectors.jpg
    365.7 KB · Views: 525
  • $Hologram.jpg
    $Hologram.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 784
  • $Seal-1.jpg
    $Seal-1.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 482
  • $Sony Logo.jpg
    $Sony Logo.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 471
There are China knockoffs for the BIG nikon lenses, what should cost 7,000 + is advertised for 3500.....I am sure there are a lot more items we get taken on

Yes, I watched a show a while ago about counterfeiting. There are a lot more serious fakes out there than camera batteries and lenses. There are a lot of fake brake pads being installed in cars and even airplane components, in both commercial and military planes.

That said I bought a $1 with shipping generic (not passed off as OEM) battery for my old Canon Rebel when I was using that and it worked as well as the one that came with the camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back