Nikon Camera Control Pro question

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Nimitz, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Nimitz

Nimitz TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I recently downloaded a trial version of Nikon Capture Pro but when I connect the camera to my computer USB port the s/w says that no camera is attached. I can't find any troubleshooting questions or FAQs which taslk to this. Is there some setting on the D200 I need to set?

2. Helen B

Helen B TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I think that you need to check the USB setting in the menu. It should be set to MTP/PTP (picture transfer protocol) instead of MSC (mass storage). That's what I have to do on my little D40x.

Best,
    Helen

3. Nimitz

Nimitz TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    That would make sense since this is the same cable used to download images from the camera and when I plugged it in I get the window open which shows my camera as an external storgae device ... Thanks! I'll try it when I get home.

4. Nimitz

Nimitz TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hmmm ... it appears I may have a more basic problem. When I start the s/w the 'settings' tab is grayed out, thereby denying me access to all the controls I need. I'm going to try and reinstall the software ...

5. Nimitz

Nimitz TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Helen:
    One more question. I got the s/w to work but unlike the preview screen on the camera where the image automatically appears once you take the photo - it appears that in order to have the image appear on the Control Pro 'viewing' screen you have to click the fwd arrow in the upper rught hand corner. I was hoping that the image would automatically appear on the screen like it does on the camera (since my laptop is not right next to my camera in my studio when I shoot) so i can just look and not have to physically go over to my laptop and hit a key.

Do you know anyway for the images to appear automatically or do you always have to hit a keystroke to see them?