nikon choices

nahmy uncles said to find a photo forum and see what others think bout it cause i really need something better than my d40 its kinda slow for what i shoot which is soccer track paintball cheer and last but not least softball

oh ok
i have sammys or bel air camera that i know of near me

if u had to choose what would u say

Then if you want burst shots the D90 is the one but like I said you will have to find a used on. I wont even tell you about how awesome the D300 is!!! WOW!

IF I HAD TO PIC ONE OF THE D60 or D5000 I would take the D5000!

If we are picking between D5000 or D90 I take the D90

so
FIRST D90
Second D5000
Third D60

Very welcome!!! Keep posting your shots here!! I am new here too and I really like this forum so far!!! Great people and you can learn alot!

again, i'd take the D5000 over the D60. to me, the D5000 is just a new revision of the D60.

to be more specific, the things i didn't like about the D5000 that immediately turned me off:
1 Poor metering performance
2 slower focusing (non-afs)
3 body size
4 no lcd on the top
5 lack of front command dial
6 lack of additional dedicated controls
7 flip out lcd
8 no continuous shooting???? the site says there is but i couldn't find it in the manual or figure it out
9 seemed like there was a little delay in the shutter release, and the sound it makes when the shutter actuates is annoying

if those things don't bother you than the D5000 might be perfect for you

Google some info about the D5000--there's lots out there. I've heard different things about it. I've read that this camera (and the D90) were brought out for their video components, rather than for still photography.

I have a Nikon D100, D70, and D60. The D60 can do practically all that the other Nikon DSLRs can do--and more than some!!! Of course, it can't do video. The body is smaller and lighter, which makes it great for the field. The only thing the D60 doesn't have is Auto bracketing for Exposure Compensation--though you can do it manually.

I believe that your lenses have a lot to do with the quality of your images if you have a good basic digital camera that has A, S, and M, modes on it. Check out some of the images here that people have taken with the D60 and some taken with the more expensive (what's considered above an "entry level" camera) and you'll see what I mean. I've seen not so good photos shot with the top of the line cameras, and spectacular ones shot with the D60.

The photographer has a lot to do with it. A mediocre tennis player can buy a tennis racket that a champion tennis player uses, and it won't do a thing for the mediocre player's game.

There's talk of Nikon coming out with a D400--an upgrade to the D300--but so far they are only rumors. There are some Nikon user forums out there.

I've read that this camera (and the D90) were brought out for their video components, rather than for still photography.

this is not true. while the D90 and D5000 did add video (and it's a stupid addition) that is by no means the reason for the nikon to release these cameras. the D90 is vastly superior to the D80, and the D5000 is vastly superior to the D60. too many reasons to list.

so sohuld i do the d90 or d5000

but wait theres more

which one will wokr with the lenses that wokr with my d40

Both will work

I still say go to the store and hold them both and play around a little!

They are both good cameras but is money is ok then pick the D90

I might be buying the d90 tomorrow morning

Why the camera?
Have you explored all the other places where you'd get more bang for buck. Like lenses, decent flashes?

D300 with a 70-200 f/2.8 lens :)

Enjoy.

Pff, thats exactly what I want. I second this motion. :thumbup:

Though I reeeealy like the full frame D700 I just cant see dropping the extra cash.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back