Nikon Coolpix 5700?

JSPrinceII

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello All. I am borrowing a Nikon Coolpix 5700 from my school's library to take some photographs. Photography has always been a hobby of mine, but I've never taken it too seriously, and I always used my friends cameras to take photos at parties, etc.

I was wondering if this camera is any good? The school has a Nikon Coolpix 8800 but it's being fixed right now.

I just don't know what settings to do to make my pictures as clear and sharp as possible. Here are a few photos I took just awhile ago, to show you what the camera is like. As you can tell the last picture is horrible with the lighting. But the flash automatically pops up.

dscn0249qe0.jpg

dscn0251pm9.jpg

dscn0260bi6.jpg

I had one I use to carry as a back-up and I liked it. It's limited but did have some good features on it. I gave it to my daughter awhile ago.

You can set the flash not to pop up automatically if you don't want it to. Go into the menu under flash and you should be able to figure it out. To make your photos as clear and sharp as possible make sure you are focused in the right spot. They tend to have a hard time focusing on small objects but if I remember right they have a mico mode in the menu.

If you don't have a users manual do a web search and find one. You really need to read it to figure out all the features.

Very cool. Thank you!! Also, what do you think about the photos I took with it? Decent, bad?

I used to have a 5700. Nice camera, but I ended up trading it in on a D50 because I wanted SLR versatility and I got tired of the shutter lag. I've since traded the D50 up for a D80. Does it ever end?

Getting back to the 5700, it will take exceptionally nice photos. The lens is really good. I had to do some shots for my job that got blown up to poster size. They looked great. It's also a real nice-handling little camera.

You can probably also order a hard copy of the owner's manual on Nikon Mall. Just Google to find the website.

As for the photos, well... keep at it!

Most reactions

Back