Nikon D 40 x, D 80 or D 200? Help me decide please

You might want to check online on the total failure of the D70 D50 D40 Shutters at about 8000 photos. That may sound like alot of pictures but it is addictive. My D70 blew out at 7500 and I called Nikon seems to be a known problem but since by the time you get to this number you will have no warrenty left and it'll cost around $300.00 to fix, add this to the total you pay (mine was $1200) and those photo's become expensive. The D200 has a better shutter as well as frame. I bought a DCS620 due to the F5 shutter life of 150000 cycles. The D200 is rated higher in cyles than that but cost more with better pixel quality.

Just from my personal experience and a few friends that have Nikon DSLRs they last a lot longer than 8,000 clicks. I know someone with 3x that many. I have about 15,000 and the camera is still going strong. If you knew what I did to this camera you would have to agree that it is a rugged beast. Maybe there was a bad batch? Cameras are mechanical devices, therefore subject to breakage.

Aloha, I just recently purchased a D200 and I love it! It is a little heavier than I'm used to but definitely tougher than my Canon. I'm still trying to get used to the new camera but I defintely recommened it.

Mahalo, Kristen

Most reactions

New Topics

Back