Nikon D100 Not Connecting To My PC

Barry UK.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sorry for what might seem a silly question. I have recently purchased a Nikon D100 (rather long in the tooth I know) and tried to connect it to my (Windows 8) PC but the PC does not recognise it. Is this because I have no memory card in the camera as I am awaiting delivery of one.

PS
I am a complete beginner guys.

Could be because of memory card, could also be that newer version of Windows doesn't have drivers for older cameras. I'd try the memory card first, if not you might Google d100 driver Windows8 and see what comes up

I tried Googling drivers Jaomul but nothing doing mate.

Edit:
How dum can I be, all I need is a memory card reader. Thought the camera had to be connected to the PC.

Last edited:
What's it going to do without a memory card?

What's it going to do without a memory card?
As I said I am a newbie and all of this is strange to me..we all have to start somewhere!

I come from a world of AV where everything has to go through your PC/Internet for updates and sharing etc these days, so made the same conclusion about my camera.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you can still use a mechanical cable release on that old body... :801:

I'm pretty sure you can still use a mechanical cable release on that old body... :801:
Not bad though for a beginner learning the basics, also only need a camera for bird ID..........and cost me £53 with twelve months warranty.:boogie:

USB memory card is needed inside camera. Camera will only be viewed by computer as a storage drive.

Sorry for what might seem a silly question. I have recently purchased a Nikon D100 (rather long in the tooth I know) and tried to connect it to my (Windows 8) PC but the PC does not recognise it. Is this because I have no memory card in the camera as I am awaiting delivery of one.

PS
I am a complete beginner guys.
Assuming you are connecting the camera with the cable, and switched it on as well - I think you'd need the memory card!
File transfer is going to be painfully slow though..

I don't think so!
That's because you didn't actually check for yourself and instead just assumed you knew something!

My bad! I knew the D100 body was based on the N80 which did have the cable release on the shutter release button. But when I google the D100 image I saw that the shutter release button was black (instead of chrome like the N80) I couldn't see the threaded hole.

Most reactions

Back