Nikon D100 service

eddiesimages

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.eddiesimages.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can someone give me a general idea how much it will cost to have my D100 cleaned and serviced? I know it will depend, but just suppose there is nothing major wrong with it, I just need it cleaned.

I think that really depends on where you take it. There is really no universal price for this kind of service.

Just had my D70 cleaned and serviced. Gets lots of outdoors use w/ lens changing in less than optimal locales. Had a few specks on the sensor. Basic cost was $25 plus tax (am in NY where East Coast service is) and return shipping. Go to NikonUSA.com site and fill out a service request - will print label and all.

They were a bit busy and it took a few days to get a quote (paid via Credit Card online), a couple weeks to do work. Less than a month total for the process. You can check on status online during the process.

No problems. Easy and cheap (IMO).

Thanks alot, I was thinking it would cost much more than that. There's not a camera shop close so I will probably have to send it off for repairs. I'm just seeing a couple specks on my photos when I look at them in larger sizes.

I'd send it in for a general cleaning and service - can't hurt and they'll give you an estimate and ask for approval and payment before proceeding.

Compressed air cans can clean out some specs - just test it out before using on the camera. Some will spray liquid out when they're too cold.

Most reactions

Back