Nikon D200 Digital SLR

Discussion in 'Digital Discussion & Q&A' started by babs7195, Sep 18, 2006.

1. babs7195

babs7195 TPF Noob!

Anyone know much about the Nikon D200 Digital SLR? I'm a medium format shooter, but am getting ready to buy my 1st digital camera. How is the Nikon for portraiture?

Looking for a versatile camera with great resolution that will enlarge well.

Thanks!

2. forzaF1

forzaF1 Ultimate Ferrari Tifosi

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I just got mine. It's absolutely fantastic. I can't really find anything about that I don't like. But if you're just getting your first Digital camera, you may want to look at the D50. That was my last camera, which was also great. I guess I don't know if photography is new to you or you have just been using film for a long time when you say. You'll be very please with the D200. Just make sure you put good glass on it if you know what I mean;)

:smileys:

3. Sw1tchFX

Sw1tchFX TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I've seen my D70s do great 20x30's and it's 'only' 6.1MP. Megapixels really don't mean anything for enlargments as long as you're over 2MP, and you are using crisp lenses.

I can get much better enlargments off of my D70s if I use my 35-70mm f/2.8 over the kit 18-55mm. Honestly, lenses > megapixels--EVERYTIME.