Soto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.angelsotophotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello guys...

Sorry if this is not the right thread for this section...

I was shooting today with my Nikon D300 and something bad happened. I placed the camera in a seat (1' from the floor) and when I pick up the camera the strap got stock in the seat. The camera fell from my hands and went straight to the floor... hitting the floor like 3 times. I got very frustrated from a small scratch at the corner of the body. Now you can see a small piece of the magnesium body below the black paint... How strong is the Nikon D300?.. After that I tested the camera and everything seems to be OK... but I keep thinking about it and I get anxious. Should I send the camera to Nikon?... Should I worry about this?

Thanks

You're fine, it's designed to take abuse.

I dropped my 80-200 f/2.8 on asphalt yesterday from 6 feet up and it's ok, aside from a broken lens hood.

mgbody-001.jpg

Magnesium alloy... your probably fine.

It can affect all sorts of mechanical things inside. Well... Both mechanical things inside.

If the AF motor still works on AF-D lenses, the mirror still flips, and the shutter still works without miss-exposure then you'll be fine fine.

It can affect all sorts of mechanical things inside. Well... Both mechanical things inside.

If the AF motor still works on AF-D lenses, the mirror still flips, and the shutter still works without miss-exposure then you'll be fine fine.

Yes... everything is working fine

I guess I don't have nothing to worry about!!!

Back when Nikon was making the F1, a photographer accidentally dropped one from a plane. He was able to recovered the camera and it worked fine....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back