Nikon D300 - How strong the body is?

Ive seen it droped of buildings on youtube.

One of my friends (photographer) droped his D300 too... from a seat in his house. It seems we are connected... jajajajaja

When you see your camera falling you can feel those seconds like the worst moments of your entire life...

That's because you're silly enough not to spend $200 / year on insurance.

Last time I dropped my camera my thought was I hope my memory card is all right.

That's because you're silly enough not to spend $200 / year on insurance.

Last time I dropped my camera my thought was I hope my memory card is all right.

Yes... you are right there... I have to get insurance for my equipment.. that is very important

You can have it added to your homeowners insurance for next to nothing. That's what I did and it gives me $5000 worth of coverage of theft and accidental damage.

Now that doesn't mean you can just go break your gear, even though you may not have a deductible, your rates still go up.

Well... If it works, and those Nikons ARE tough, I'd worry more about the floor it fell on... :)

Back then - a F2, with the needle for displaying the exposure - I entered an airplane, tired from a job in the Sinai Desert, and dropped the camera on the next seat, from about 1ft. That was enough for the needle to get stuck... The needle days are over...

How's the floor? :)

Most reactions

Back