Nikon D3s....where?

Montana

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Is there anywhere to buy one other than Ebay right now? I haven't followed availability of this camera but was shopping online today, and cannot find it anywhere. Nowinstock shows it......not in stock. LOL Anyone know how often the big stores get them in?

Depending where you are, there is a shortage. I know in Canada they have said that there is a 6 month shortage and that you can only get if you are a NPS photographer and you have to sign a agreement that you won't sell it on.

There are some out there, ebay has a few.

Yeah, I saw them on FLEAbay, but I avoid ebag out of principle more than anything else.

6 month wait? WTF?

Kenmore camera has a few. Great people. A real, old-fashioned brick and mortar camera store located in the great state of Washington. Family-owned and operated since 1974. The Winter Olympics and the many sports and media photographers attending it have sucked up a lot of the early D3s prodcution, and those with Nikon Professional Service membership had first crack at the D3s; many of the top sports shooters bought three or four bodies.

Kenmore Camera

just took a peak at amazon, looks like there's one left from cameta camera:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Digital-Capability-Body-Only/dp/B002SQKVD0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1266100269&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Nikon D3S 12.1 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera with 3-Inch LCD and 24fps 720p HD Video Capability (Body Only): Electronics[/ame]

Kenmore camera has a few. Great people. A real, old-fashioned brick and mortar camera store located in the great state of Washington. Family-owned and operated since 1974. The Winter Olympics and the many sports and media photographers attending it have sucked up a lot of the early D3s prodcution, and those with Nikon Professional Service membership had first crack at the D3s; many of the top sports shooters bought three or four bodies.

Kenmore Camera

BINGO! Thanks Derrel. Gotta love Valentine's Day. (early LOL)

Ummm, sweetheart - would you mind picking me up one as well? :D
I have to ask :) who are you calling sweetheart :) ?

Doh....it better not be my wife! She's getting me one for Valentines Day. I better go rifle through her emails and phone bill.........LOL

1Dmk4 not enough lol. I'll take it off your hands if you need me to.

1Dmk4 not enough lol. I'll take it off your hands if you need me to.

Actually, I love my mkIV. I want to reap the benefits of both systems. I don't have to buy any Nikon glass. What happened was, my cousin who shoots Nikon is moving, and will be about 20 minutes from me. He is currently a few hours. He is buying a Canon body to shoot my system, and I am getting a Nikon body to shoot his system. We are both excited. I get to play with some cleaner high ISO's for fun, and he is in love with my 85L and 600L. We both know the limitations of our systems. And he cannot afford a Nikon supertelephoto so he can shoot my Canon. Plus if we do any shoots together we can use the same system to speed up the work flow. Its rather exciting to the both of us.

Most reactions

Back