Nikon D4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we now judge someone on avatars we better watch out, there's a grim reaper and a zombie around here somewhere........

No judge until ......
1. Rampage asked a question
2. Trever1t answers question ... but Rampage didn't like answer.
4. Rampage calls Trever1t a "smart ass and stuck up."

Check out their avatars ... as the saying goes

"a pictures worth a thousand words"
So then I guess we do have a bunch of zombies and monkeys and grim reapers and stuff around here,lol. But as I stated before his answer didnt help at all. The question wasnt whether I needed it or not. I just asked what was so good about it thats all. Also like I said I was pressed for time being at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So then I guess we do have a bunch of zombies and monkeys and grim reapers and stuff around here.

You may be right on that one.

You can sugar-coat it, paint it, taint it, feather it, gaus blur it ... anything you want.
... but you started the name calling.

No more to say.

Rampage,

My recommendation if your looking to possibly upgrade your camera body.. sit down and ask yourself what it is about your current camera body you don't like and what areas you'd like improvements in, and decide which is the most important.

So for example, does your current camera shoot fast enough for you? Does it have good enough lowlight performance, etc...

The D4 is an amazing piece of gear, but honestly it's more camera than most folks would ever need in a lot of categories. Pro's love them because they shoot fast and are built like tanks. Sure, I'd love to have one myself - but I'd never consider spending that much on a camera body because frankly what I have now does a pretty respectable job for what I do with a camera, so spending that amount of coin on a D4 just doesn't make sense for me personally.

But who knows, maybe for you it might be just what you need/want. But like I said, best way I've found is to sit down and make a list of the stuff you want most in your next camera, and then look for the best camera to fill those needs.

I wound up going with a D600 myself, and I'm happy as a clam. Has the lowlight performance I've always wanted, shoots fast enough for my needs, pretty much fills all my wishlist requirements at a fraction of the cost of a D4.

Rampage,

My recommendation if your looking to possibly upgrade your camera body.. sit down and ask yourself what it is about your current camera body you don't like and what areas you'd like improvements in, and decide which is the most important.

So for example, does your current camera shoot fast enough for you? Does it have good enough lowlight performance, etc...

The D4 is an amazing piece of gear, but honestly it's more camera than most folks would ever need in a lot of categories. Pro's love them because they shoot fast and are built like tanks. Sure, I'd love to have one myself - but I'd never consider spending that much on a camera body because frankly what I have now does a pretty respectable job for what I do with a camera, so spending that amount of coin on a D4 just doesn't make sense for me personally.

But who knows, maybe for you it might be just what you need/want. But like I said, best way I've found is to sit down and make a list of the stuff you want most in your next camera, and then look for the best camera to fill those needs.

I wound up going with a D600 myself, and I'm happy as a clam. Has the lowlight performance I've always wanted, shoots fast enough for my needs, pretty much fills all my wishlist requirements at a fraction of the cost of a D4.
I doubt I'll be getting a d4 lol. I need to continue learning. I was just wondering about it

So then I guess we do have a bunch of zombies and monkeys and grim reapers and stuff around here.

You may be right on that one.

You can sugar-coat it, paint it, taint it, feather it, gaus blur it ... anything you want.
... but you started the name calling.

No more to say.
So then why do you keep asserting yourself into the equation when you have said absolutely nothing useful in this thread? Was it to make yourself feel all high and mighty or something because you have more knowledge or something? Or is it just because you feel like being combative? Last I checked this is a place to come to to learn and supposed to be to help those who don't know. I dont see a response on here where you said anything helpful. But I guess you feel like you've "won" so to speak by saying at the end that you have nothing more to say.

I doubt I'll be getting a d4 lol. I need to continue learning. I was just wondering about it

I hear ya, honestly it's a heck of a lot more camera than what I'd ever need. Sure, if I could find one at say a grand or so I'd snag it in a heartbeat, but just not worth the coin for a guy like me to upgrade to something like that. Not when I can get a camera that suits all my needs great at a lot lower cost.

I hear ya, honestly it's a heck of a lot more camera than what I'd ever need. Sure, if I could find one at say a grand or so I'd snag it in a heartbeat, but just not worth the coin for a guy like me to upgrade to something like that. Not when I can get a camera that suits all my needs great at a lot lower cost.
I definitely hear ya with that one,lol.

I was being a bit of a smartass but I felt the question as stated deserved an equally obtuse answer, nothing personal towards the OP.

Seriously, like anything else, value is derived from manufacturing costs and market demand. Period.

I'm headed out the door with the F5 loaded w/TMax 400 and 50-135 f3.5 Ais. Nope don't need it but unless you've shot with one ya just don't be knowin'. Red pill or blue pill???????

I was being a bit of a smartass but I felt the question as stated deserved an equally obtuse answer, nothing personal towards the OP.

Seriously, like anything else, value is derived from manufacturing costs and market demand. Period.

I think just ignore the OP he is feeding off the attention he is getting here haha

Your answer was correct on all levels.

I don't think you owe any apologies T. The OP comes here and requests that the forum be his personal search engine on a product he doesn't intend to buy, then gets pissed with the answer he receives. Not deserving of an apology if you ask me.

Your answer was correct on all levels.

I don't think you owe any apologies T. The OP comes here and requests that the forum be his personal search engine on a product he doesn't intend to buy, then gets pissed with the answer he receives. Not deserving of an apology if you ask me.
What part of i was at work and while it was on my mind plus I was in a rush to get back to operating my train dont you understand? I never once demanded an apology i just didn't understand the response if they werent helping. Ever heard the expression if you dont have nothing nice or positive to say maybe you shouldn't say at all? Everyone at some point in there life had a question about something that they dont know about thats obvious to someone else. Does that make them a bad person no it doesn't

I think just ignore the OP he is feeding off the attention he is getting here haha
Not even,just being as stubborn as the people who feel they are on a high horse just because they have more knowledge than someone else. I guess "veteran" status so to speak makes alot to some individuals around here

What part of i was at work and while it was on my mind plus I was in a rush to get back to operating my train dont you understand?

None of it. I understand that statement perfectly. You still expected people on an internet form to be your search engine rather than bothering to do the initial legwork yourself on a product you have no intention of purchasing, which is an imposition to those people who try to be helpful.

I never once demanded an apology i just didn't understand the response if they werent helping.

You're correct. You didn't demand an apology, but Trever1t gave you one anyways because you are stomping around all butt-hurt. That makes him a good guy. Also just because you took his response as an insult, doesn't mean it wasn't helpful. As a matter of fact, it was spot on.

Ever heard the expression if you dont have nothing nice or positive to say maybe you shouldn't say at all?

I have... well I've heard the version that uses correct grammar, without the double negative. Have you ever heard the expression "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"?

Everyone at some point in there life had a question about something that they dont know about thats obvious to someone else. Does that make them a bad person no it doesn't

Yes, everyone at some point has questions. Reasonable people will do the initial leg work and try to find information on their own first, then ask questions to fill in the gaps rather than expecting the world to hand them something for nothing.

Based on the question you asked and the demeanor you portrayed, you were given responses, reasonable and accurate ones at that, and then pouted around the thread like a child with a victim complex because you weren't given exactly the answers you wanted.

And to touch on the issue with your avatar, you're right there as well. Books shouldn't be judged by their cover... but if you get a few chapters in and the story is a dead lock for the dust jacket art...

Well...

This is far more attention than I should have paid to this subject, but you caught me on a lunch break and I had nothing better to do. Have fun driving your trains, and see you on my ignore list! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back