Nikon D40 vs. Nikon D70/s

KaleyEs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The other day I posted asking your opinion about upgrading to the D80. It's a bit to pricey at the moment, but I would like a slightly more advanced camera than the D40. I looked up the D70/s and saw that I can get the body for as low as $400. Any thoughts? Worthwhile? Or should I wait for the newer D80 to go down in price?

The other day I posted asking your opinion about upgrading to the D80. It's a bit to pricey at the moment, but I would like a slightly more advanced camera than the D40. I looked up the D70/s and saw that I can get the body for as low as $400. Any thoughts? Worthwhile? Or should I wait for the newer D80 to go down in price?

i personally was aiming for the d70s too.. but end up getting the d80.
why? because i realized the camera i bought will be the camera i'll use for for the next few years, so i wanted to satisfy myself as i'll be using it for a little while so...

but if it's a budget thing, i'd tell you get the d70s.. and spend the rest on a good lens.
i'd rather have a d70s with a good lens than a d80 with an okay lens

Thanks! One more question... Do you think it's even worthwhile for me to go to the D70s from the D40? Is the technology superior or not even worth switching?

I'd rather shoot with my D70 than a D40. My D70 works with all my lenses.

I've just made a lot of research on the D70 and I definitely think it's a great camera. I would no doubt consider it a better option than the D40 -the D70 is "more a camera" than the D40, despite this one being newer

Going from the d40 to d70s isn't really much of an upgrade imo.

They both use the same sensor, the d40 has more current in-camera processing algorithms and has a larger lcd.

If I was in your position I would just spend that money on some new lenses. Because this will give you a greater difference in your images than buying a d70s

Most reactions

New Topics

Back