Nikon D40

Tasmaster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Turning it to B&W was a last minute decision and i think i am very happy with it.

D40Portraitv1BWsmall20signed.jpg

Thank you all :).

Jeffro, i used a Casio EX-FC100 in macro mode (technically "Flower BS mode" according to Casio - no i am not making this up). You can see it reflected on the shutter button!

Not just a cool concept ... well executed too!

I like it and B/W seems to fit it well. You might considering filling that hole on the bottom right so that the square is complete.

Thank you all :).

Jeffro, i used a Casio EX-FC100 in macro mode (technically "Flower BS mode" according to Casio - no i am not making this up). You can see it reflected on the shutter button!

Got to love the Flower BS mode!

I love the pic and the thought you put into it! Great job!

You might considering filling that hole on the bottom right so that the square is complete.

I have no idea what you are talking about!

Again thanks for the kind comments.

You might considering filling that hole on the bottom right so that the square is complete.

I have no idea what you are talking about!

Again thanks for the kind comments.

On the right side of the image is the "Menu" button ... next to that is an empty space which is on the border. That breaks the continuity of the border.

On the right side of the image is the "Menu" button ... next to that is an empty space which is on the border. That breaks the continuity of the border.

That's the screen, not an empty area! Putting some of the darker tiles near the border was a conscious decision, and the reflection breaks it up nicely. I can see what you mean though. Even the darkest part of it is not black, it's around 3,3,3 RGB on average (the border is 0,0,0). This difference is clear enough on my monitor but maybe not on everyone else's, and it does look ugly when burned to 0,0,0. I already experimented with slight dodging, and i am curious to see how it looks when printed. Thanks for pointing it out.

Most reactions

Back