Nikon D40x

Ptyler22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.harvardpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I originally posted this in the Digital Disscusion forum but I didn't get any responses so I am trying it again here.

I am new to photography and was lookin at a d40 basically because it is the cheapest DSLR out there but I was just looking on Adorama and you can get a D40x body for $469. This seems like a good deal no? The only problems are: 1. It is refurbished by Nikon, what exactly does this mean? do you not reccomend getting a refurbished camera? 2. Can I get a basic lens for it for like $40 or $50?

Thanks

If you would like to get a lens with it i would suggest buying the camera that comes with a kit lens about refurbished cameras you will have to ask someone else.

A cheap good lens in the nikon 50mm 1.8d. I got mine for $115, It's really fast and sharp but I dont know if it will auto focus with a d40/d40x but even if it doesnt its still an awesome lens and as far as the refurbished part I dont know much about that but if it was refurbished by nikon im thinking it will still be like new.

If you look around from time to time you can find refurbished D40's with the 18-55 lens for $399, and the D40 (not x) is a better camera in a lot of ways than the D40x is. I wouldn't have any problem buying a refurbished camera. They're basically as good as new, and you get a 90 day factory warranty with them. But yeah, you could get the D40x body only and then pickup a used lens too. Used 18-55's are less than $100, I scored an 18-55VR from a D60 kit for $135, and my favorite used kit lens of all, the 18-135, you can get for about $200 used.

Most reactions

Back