CameronDelray

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
3nc3k73oa5O75T65Pa9a88446cd10ac0a11a0.jpg
3n93m53lb5T55Rf5Se9a820e1bd7e34341a94.jpg
3mc3o93l55Q45R05S29a8cc0c200225281139.jpg

The asking price for all of this is $600.

What comes with it:

Nikon D50 body, Nikkor 18-55 lens, Tamron 28-80 w/hood, Tamron 70-300 Zoom lens w/hood, Nikon SB600 Speedlight Flash w/ soft case (flash has a superficial crack but its never affected any photos), 2 Li-ion Battery packs, Nikon Battery Charger, SanDisk Ultra II 512mb sd card, High Speed USB 2.0 14 in 1 Card Reader, Nikon Carrying Bag for all equipment seen and small cleaning kit.

If everything is in pretty good condition, is this a good price? It seems good to me, but I wanted some opinions before I go out and have a look. Thanks.

The camera sells for around $300-$350 used, and the bag, cards, batteries, etc are normally considered "throw-ins" in a deal like this... so I guess the factor to consider is what the lenses and flash are worth. I think it's a fair deal, but I'd still try to offer like $500 and see what happens.

If you want a good review of the camera, here:
Nikon D50-Slr Review: Overview

That should flood you with every detail you could want to know.

Ahh ok. I wasn't exactly sure how much the camera was worth used. I'll try to offer $500.
Thanks for the advice.

Just FYI, I bought one D50 for a friend (local craigslist) with few thousand clicks for $250 with kit lens about 6 months ago. And I saw one used SB-600 flash offer around $100 but that was sold within an hour after listing. As for Tamron 70-300mm, I bought one for the same friend a used Quantaray 70-300mm (looks like the Tamron version from the outside) for $60. I do not know too much about the others stuff. Hope this help.

I'd say it's a fair price to start negotiating. Two months ago I bought a D50 w/18-55, a 2gb card, a lowepro bag, a battery grip, an extra nikon battery, the field guide, and a nice tripod for $300.

As someone else said it really comes down to whether or not the extra lens and the flash are worth the extra couple hundred to you. Personally, I'd say they are. I'd offer him $500 and see, but I wouldn't pay more than $550 for the setup.

That said I think you'll be pleased with a D50. I love mine and actually prefer it to my wife's D60.

The Tamron 28-80 is a cheap lens that takes good photos. You can pick them up for around $50.00. Do not expect it to last for very long. I use it for film only as it a full frame lens. On digital, it has problems in bright light.

Craig

Thanks a lot for all the help guys, I offered $500, so we'll see what they say.
I appreciate all of your guys' help.

She said $500 was a no-go, and $600 was set in stone.
I just offered $550. If she doesn't go for it, I might just have to pay $600. This offer just looks too good to pass up. :/

Sorry for the double post, but she agreed with $550. Thanks for all the help and input guys.
It is well appreciated.

Sorry for the double post, but she agreed with $550. Thanks for all the help and input guys.
It is well appreciated.

GREAT! Enjoy your D50. I play around my friend D50 and it is not bad. It even has a in-body autofocus motor so that it will AF a lot of Nikon lenses.

Most reactions

Back