Nikon D50 slr question

DSC_0052.jpg

Archangel said:
Big Mike was commenting on you not knowing what a histogram is, and he's right if you've read the manual then you should know what it is.

But yes post a picture if you can

Don't mind me.... I'm just a bit frustrated.... I suppose I should know what that is...

So there's a picture. :thumbup:

Archangel said:
Thats your histogram, if you push the up and down buttons (on the round control pad) it displays different info.....just keep presing untill you gat to the info. I'm affraid you've lost me with the computer thing tho...sorry.

Excellent, thanks a lot. Focal length is 30 mm.

hmmm.....it looks to me like your a little too close with your lens opened up to its widest. This is more suited to landscape shots.....try being a bit futher away then zooming in on your child. That way the lens is on a more 'normal' setting. See how that works.

Archangel said:
hmmm.....it looks to me like your a little too close with your lens opened up to its widest. This is more suited to landscape shots.....try being a bit futher away then zooming in on your child. That way the lens is on a more 'normal' setting. See how that works.

Hmmm but I can say I have 50ish shots and they are all looking a little stretched vertically... and they are not all on the same day, in the same lighting, or from the same distance? yes, that is not a very good picture, I hate flashes myself, but I thought it was most obviously distorted... the rest I can just barely tell something isn't right... how strange

I think you guys nailed it with the resolution setting.

You have a LCD monitor right? try setting the resolution to 1024x768 and see how the pics look.

zedin said:
One other thing (though probably not it). What is your screen resolution set at? I know that there are some resolution settings that are not 'normal' in that they do tend to squish things together horizontally.

And you guys are so right..... I resized it to that and wouldn't you know? Everything looks normal. :blushing: I just got this computer and I guess it didn't look strange until I tried to put pictures on it.... :mrgreen:

Thanks thanks thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back