Nikon D50 vs D60

nik555

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Currently i have D50 camera, i have an option to return it to merchant for full refund. Do you think it is worth it to return it and take d60 instead? Is d60 any better in picture quality?

the d60 is a nice camera, I have played with one before. I have a d50 and still prefer it due it's lens flexibility and the control over the manual functions. I should have gotten the 80 when i bought mine bit didn't have the funds. I am too used to having the top LCD instead of relying on the main screen for information. I wish I had the dual wheel. Just have to save up for the 90.

You'd be better off with a D70, 70S, 80, or 90 if you can afford it.

No, the D60 will actually be a downgrade in certain respects, mainly the lack of built-in AF motor. If you can afford a D80 instead, that would be a considerable and worthwhile upgrade, though the wonky metering may frustrate you.

hey I will have to agree with everyone else Nik. I have owned a D50 for the past 2 years and just recently got a D300. D50 is a great camera however a D80 would be a nice upgrade if you can afford it (I mean D300 is awesome but money is always an issue)
D60 is smaller and they lost some it's versatility to make it seem more "user friendly"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back